The Kansas Food Bank supplies free and low-cost food to food pantries and soup kitchens who give out food to the hungry in our 85 county service area. If you are in need of food assistance, we have a lengthy list of agencies across the state who can assist you.
If you are outside of our service area, shown in blue on the map to the right, you will need to contact one of our sister food banks to find the nearest help agency:
- Counties in red: Harvesters Community Food Network or call (877) 353-6639
- Counties in green: Second Harvest Community Food Bank or call (816) 364-3663
Use one of these lists to locate a resource near you:
- Help Agencies in the Wichita Metro Area [PDF – updated 01-21-22]
- Help Agencies Outside of Wichita
- State of Kansas operated TEFAP Commodities distribution sites [PDF]
2021 Wichita Metro Holiday Resources
SNAP / Food Stamp Application Assistance
If you live in Kansas and need help signing up for SNAP (formerly Food Stamps) please call the SNAP Assistance Call Center for help collecting the information needed and completing your application over the phone: 800-289-3356
For more information and resources for State of Kansas food assistance programs visit the DCF website.
Call / Email / Online Resources
- Call us for information about agencies in your area 316-265-3663 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call United Way 211 by dialing 211 on your phone or search their database online
The map below shows food pantries and meal sites associated with the Kansas Food Bank in the Wichita Metro Area (from the list above). Click on the icons for address, phone, and additional information for each site.
Click here to open the full-sized map in a new window (opens in Google Maps on your mobile device).